Admission first year
Common rules for admission applies among the partners : Paris, Uppsala and Antwerp
Pre-requisite in physics
Bachelor's degree in Physics or equivalent from within the European Union will have direct access to the programme and will not be subject to a set of prerequisites. Other students must hold at least a Bachelor's degree in Science with a minimum of 75 ECTS (or equivalent) in the field of physics. The set of field-specific prerequisites is :
· Thermodynamics: Zeroth law of thermodynamics, First law of thermodynamics, Second law of thermodynamics, Third law of thermodynamics, thermodynamic systems, cyclic process.
· Electromagnetism: electrostatic, magnetostatic, Lorentz forces, Maxwell equations.
· Mechanics: Newton’s law, energy, momentum.
· Optics: Geometric optics, Descartes principle, Huygens-Fresnel principles, interferences, diffraction, polarisation.
· Mathematics: Fourier transform, matrix, complex numbers, differential equations, integral (simple, multiple, complex).
· Introduction to Quantum Mechanics
· Introduction to Solid State physics
Language requirements :
The proficiency in languages of the students is checked on records. Requirements for the language level are:
· for English: average IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum on each part of 5.5), TOEFL IBT 90;
· for French: DELF B2, CLES B2;
· for Dutch: ITNA, PAT, PTHA or NT2-II test.
Students who had earlier instruction in any of the languages above for at least 60 ECTS or equivalent are exempted from the requirement in that particular language (see all exemptions here.